Our annual membership dues are:
$30 for returning members
$50 for brand new members
Dues are to be paid by March 1st of each year.
We do offer family discounts to parents with children under the age of 18.
Everyone flying R/C must have current AMA insurance, FAA registration, Club membership, & signed Safety Rules to fly at our field! Flight instruction is available and included with paid club membership.
AMA insurance can be purchased through the Academy of Model Aeronautics by visiting their website at http://www.modelaircraft.org/
FAA Registration can be completed by visiting https://registermyuas.faa.gov/
Rules of the Field
1. Hours of flying are as follows:
Monday through Saturday ----> 10:00AM until Dusk
Sundays ----> Noon until Dusk (Electric Motors ONLY after 5pm)
These hours will be strictly enforced.
No engines are to be started and no aircraft is to be flown outside of these designated hours.
2. We accommodate most radio controlled airplanes and helicopters; however, we do have noise restrictions that require noise reducing equipment to be installed on engines 50cc and larger. A decibel meter reading is also required to ensure noise is within the allowable range.
3. Park in designated areas only. No vehicles are to be driven or parked on the runway at any time. Also, if the ground is soft or wet please keep vehicles off all grassy areas!
4. Keep our area beautiful and pick up after yourself, your guests, and your pets. Trash receptacles & recycling bins are provided for your convenience.
5. We are flying off an official FAA regulated grass runway. Therefore, full size aircraft have priority to the runway at all times. Please be sure to clear the area to allow pilots a safe landing.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION OF CLUB MEMBERSHIP AT THE DISCRETION OF CLUB OFFICERS
Any Questions or Concerns can be directed to Club President, Mike Franks
Due to increased flying activity & noise on Sunday evenings, our local churches and neighbors have expressed a concern about having a quiet time during Sunday evening church services.
ONLY ELECTRIC MOTORS ARE ALLOWED TO BE FLOWN AFTER 5:00PM ON SUNDAYS.
At this time, there are no changes to the flying times Monday through Saturday.
If anyone has questions about this new rule please contact our club president, MIKE FRANKS.
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING & COOPERATION!
Anyone wishing to visit our field to fly or wish to become a member of the club...
MUST contact the Club President, Mike Franks PRIOR to arriving at the field
to review the rules and perform a flight test.
Visitors must provide proof of current AMA insurance before flying and be accompanied by a current club member at all times. Flying visitors will be allowed 2 "free" visits after which club membership will be required.
AMA INSURANCE REQUIRED
AMA Dues increased this past September.
Please visit http://www.modelaircraft.org/ to renew your AMA!
The current rates are:
Age 19-65 - $75
65 & over - $65
Under 19 - Free or $15 with magazine
Additional family members - $38
Benefits you receive for having your AMA insurance:
$2,500,000 personal liability insurance coverage
$25,000 Medical Coverage-AD&D Policy ($10,000 Death Benefit)
$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism coverage
Model Aviation monthly magazine
Access to members only section of website
Ability to fly at thousands of AMA chartered club sites with appropriate club membership
Toll free customer service 1-800-I-Fly-AMA (435-9262)